Terms & Conditions of booking
Please note these terms and conditions form the contract between:
The Customer (you):
Village Maid Cheese Ltd (us, we or our):
The Cottage, Basingstoke Road, Riseley, Reading, RG7 1QD.
It is the Customer’s responsibility to check all details are complete and accurate prior to payment of deposit and any other fees.
It is our commitment to customer satisfaction and our reputation is of utmost importance to us and we will always endeavour to help.
Payments made to Village Maid Cheese Ltd. are deemed by Village Maid Cheese Ltd. as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
We are unfortunately unable to accommodate wheelchair access at this time around the workshop and dairy.
BOOKINGS AND PAYMENT
Bookings will be accepted via payment on our online shop.
Places on the Workshop & Tour will only be confirmed once payment is received.
CANCELLATION / AMENDMENTS / POSTPONEMENTS POLICY
All bookings are non-refundable except in exceptional circumstances, for example, if we are unable to run the Workshops & Tours due to unforeseen circumstances and an alternative Workshops & Tours date is not suitable for you.
In the event of a cancellation by the Customer, we do not allow refunds. The customer is able to pass the ticket to another person as long as their details have been passed on to us prior to the workshop.
All of our cheeses contain dairy (milk) and customers will be handling dairy products during the Workshop.
If a severe allergy is known to dairy (milk) it is advised for anybody with this allergy not to attend the Workshops & Tours.
We serve pastries as part of a welcome session before the Workshops & Tours begin. These contain milk, wheat, egg and may also contain soya.
It is the Customer’s responsibility to make Village Maid Cheese Ltd. aware of any special dietary requirements and/or allergies that need to be accommodated in the catering. Please note that we do not make dairy-free cheeses.
Village Maid Cheese Ltd. accepts no liability for customers suffering allergic reactions from eating our cheeses or attending our workshops.
DECLARATION OF HEALTH
You will be asked to sign a Declaration of Health form when you arrive to the workshop – this is to ensure any contagious illnesses are not spread between participants, staff and any food products inside our dairy.
Please do not attend the workshop if, 48 hours prior to the event, you experience sickness, diarrhoea or vomiting.
PERSONAL HYGIENE SCHEDULE
By attending our Workshop, all visitors/participants agree to follow our Personal Hygiene policies in order to keep our products safe for consumption.
We ask that all visitors must be wearing clean clothing must wash and scrub their hands and nails regularly in the workshop, and before entering the dairy production areas.
Hygiene of protective & disposable clothing
- Outdoor shoes must be removed before entering the dairy and protective clothing is to be worn at all times in the dairy by visitors.
- Protective shoes, overcoats, hats, hair nets (and beard snoods, if required) will be provided for the dairy tours.
- Protective shoes must not be worn outside.
- Hands must always be washed after using the toilet, blowing nose or touching your face, and after picking something up which has been dropped on the floor.
- Dairy hats, hair nets, jackets and coats must be removed before going to the toilet.
- To minimise the risk of loose hair falling onto protective clothing
(i.e. t-shirts, overcoats), dairy hats and hair nets must be put on before other protective clothing.
- Any cuts or grazes must be covered by blue plasters.
- Injuries incurred on site must be seen to by a designated First Aid warden and recorded in the accident book by a supervisor.
- During dairy tours, beards over 3mm in length must be contained by protective clothing (snood).
- No perfume or aftershave is to be worn in the cheese-making, maturing or wrapping rooms. If you are wearing false nails you will be asked to wear latex gloves during your dairy tour.
- Smoking is not permitted inside any of the buildings associated with Village Maid Cheese Ltd, nor is it permitted anywhere on the premises before or during working hours.
- No food or drink is to be consumed in the processing areas other than in the staff room or designated tasting areas.
- Chewing gum is not permitted in the dairy building.
We have taken the appropriate steps to ensure all participants are safe while undertaking our Workshops & Tours sessions and these will be highlighted throughout the session. However, it is the responsibility of the Customer to ensure they follow these directions carefully. Village Maid Cheese Ltd. accepts no responsibility for any injuries caused by negligence to following the instructions given by the workshop leader.
COPYRIGHT & DATA PROTECTION
Copyright and ownership of all Workshops & Tours are by Village Maid Cheese Ltd. and we reserve the right to use photos of our workshops for advertising purposes including but not limited to, on our website, Facebook/Instagram/Twitter page, and in other advertising materials. However, if you feature in any photos or videos and do not wish to do so, please inform us immediately and these will be removed.
The customer must let us know of any problems within 2 days of the Workshop & Tour taking place. Please notify us in writing.
Our liability to you is limited to the price of the booking and we cannot be held responsible for any indirect losses which may happen as a consequence of any breach by us of these terms however arising. However, this does not include or limit in any way our liability for any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability.
EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL
We cannot be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these terms that is caused by any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control. However, in such an event, a full refund will be issued to the Customer.
We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions. However, you will be subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time that you place your order with us.